After 3 short years since releasing his first track, Hayden James has created his own imprint on the global music community with a sound like no other. Straight off the mark Hayden’s music circulated through Australia’s electronic dance music populace accumulating tens of millions of plays across SoundCloud and YouTube. His individualistic approach to producing delicate yet uplifting summer anthems featuring euphonious and evocative vocals quickly allowed him to find his niche. Today, Hayden leads the way for Australian musicians with a sound incomparable and inimitable to any artists before him.
Hayden’s first single ‘Permission to Love’ received admiration across the globe when it sky rocketed to #1 on Hype Machines charts, shortly before being dubbed the most played track on Australia’s widely respected and reputable national broadcasting giant, Triple J. From here, Hayden launched his debut EP through tastemaker label, Future Classic which only further proved Hayden’s ability to capture the hearts of his audience through his take on modern day love ballads. However, nobody was prepared for the monumental success brought on by the release of his hit single ‘Something About You’ after it dropped in early 2015 via the labels annual compilation album.
‘Something About You’ threw the world into a state of exhilaration and reached certified Gold Sales within Australia by the end of 2015. The track accelerated through top 40 charts across Europe, particularly within Germany, France and Italy. Meanwhile back in Australia the iconic track surged through the charts and went onto secure The Best Dance release at the AIR Awards, Stoney Roads Awards and the InTheMix awards. The track added an ARIA nomination for the Best Dance Release to its numerous accolades.
The next Summer, Hayden James covered all corners of his home nation on his sold out ‘Something About You’ tour. This tour subsequently pushed Hayden to
journey across the globe for his debut headline tour across Northern America where he was able to perform to tens of thousands of adoring romantics at the acclaimed Coachella Festival and an additional support tour with Odesza. Late 2015 Hayden undertook his debut European tour performing at incredible events such as Lollapalooza (Berlin), Lowlands and Reading and Leeds festival on top of a collection of other festival slots.
With no intention of slowing down anytime soon, 2016 has been yet another whirlwind of a year for Hayden as he returned with his single ‘Just a Lover’. The track revisits Hayden’s passionate romantic side and extends out an androgynous vocal referring to a temporary lover who has a strong hold over someone. With beautifully crafted harmonies and a feeling everyone can relate too, the subliminal lust and desire within this song extends out to audiences and once again pulls at their adoring heartstrings. Since its release, ‘Just A Lover’ has reached almost 3 million plays on Spotify alone, not to mention the hundreds of thousands of plays and downloads on SoundCloud, YouTube, Shazam and iTunes. The widespread excitement that stemmed from the release of ‘Just A Lover’ sent Hayden back on the road for his World Tour shortly after headlining Australia’s most distinguished festival Splendour in The Grass.
NOTABLE ACHIEVEMENTS, STATISTICS & AWARDS
• “Something About You” 6.07 million plays on SoundCloud
• “Something About You” single went Gold in Australia
• “Something About You” over 27 million plays on SoundCloud
• Supported Disclosure at Melbourne’s Festival Hall January 2016, as well as toured
• Won the AIR Award for Record of the Year in 2015
• Won best Dance Release at the InTheMix Awards
• Producer of the Year at Stoney Roads Awards
• Nominated for an ARIA Award (2015 & 2016) Best Dance Release
• “Another awesome Aussie additional to the Future Classic Roster” – Auditory Collective
• “Sensual to the very end” - Salacious Sound
• “Hayden James has set the Australian electronic dance scene alight” – Stoney Roads
• “A truly gorgeous slice of summery Balearic pop” – La.Ga.Sta
• “Just A Lover” World Tour
• “Just a Lover” North American Tour
• Headlining Harbourlife Festival Sydney